Monday

School night

It's Monday night, tomorrow I return to my normal day. I need that bit of normality today. Anyone who's known me the last few years has known what a trying time I have endured. There has been so much change and no one dislikes change like I do. But here I am at home with my hubby, cooking dinner and waiting for the night to come to a quiet end.
We had such a lazy weekend. Maybe it wasn't so much lazy as it was just being completely devoid of energy. We have been on this go go go kind of schedule for the last 3 years. He's been running like a marathon man without a break. I've never spent that much time with him at home unless he's been ill. This weekend we just needed to start recharging our batteries. We were at that point physically and emotionally where even after plugging in the battery was too dead to power on. We watched movies and t.v., we made sandwiches and had bowls of cereal. We enjoyed being stinky together... we went to the mall and sat in the massage chairs for the better part of an hour. Not putting any money in, we just didn't have anywhere to be and nothing to do. It was a peaceful weekend.
Today he cleaned out his office. Silly man asked me to come in with him. I told him I couldn't do that if he actually wanted access to his personal things out of the building without a scene being made when management denied me entry into the building or the police department was called again. It is a good feeling to know he's done there. It is a wonderful feeling to know that my husband will not have a stroke brought on by the migraines triggered by the fumes in his sound proof office.
I was so angry over the weekend mostly because they got rid of him before he had the opportunity to walk out on them. It is amazing to me how callous those people were. In just short of 3 years he put in about 5 years worth of hours. But alas I got this weekend with my husband. I didn't anticipate that being the case, he thought he would be working all weekend to meet these obscure deadlines he thought he had. No more, these people will not get any more of my energy. They simply aren't worth it.
It is interesting how strange a week this turned out to be. My parents filed for bankruptcy, my sister is going through some now diagnosed health issues and then this. My parents are amazing, through all of this they are at peace. Here they are giving up on the home they worked all their lives to own and yet they are happy about the final decision that was somewhat thrust upon them. If they can be okay with moving out of this home of theirs then I can be okay. After all, we have our health, I have a job that I love with a company that doesn't treat me like shit. I have heath insurance and he has unemployment benefits available. So will we be okay? I certainly believe so. Will I continue to feel bitter about this? I think I earned the right. I am just way more vocal about it than Mike which might be shooting him in the foot but I really don't think so. I have to continue thanking whatever higher being for the amazing friends we have. The support we've received has been unexpected but I couldn't expect any less of these folks who have shown us the amazing character they have over the years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment