Monday

Holy chaffing batman!

I took the day off from biking today. Yesterday was plenty as was the day before. All in all this weekend I put in about 44 miles on the bike. Yesterday was exhausting. It was a fun ride out to the alpaca farm, but well no it wasn't fun. We rode 13 miles in some incredibly strong headwinds. It was like pedaling against an invisible wall. I had to shift down to 2nd gear to get anywhere. Where normally 2nd gear is useless to me, like pedaling on a stationary bike that has 0 resistance, yesterday it was like pedaling on 7th gear. My legs ached and when we finally stopped for a moment I asked how much longer before we got there. Surely we were only 10 minutes out right? Yeah... we had only gone close to half way. Seriously?! Where are we going? These goddamn alpacas better do circus tricks and wear bows and i don't know what else but damn it I better not be disappointed. Big hill seriously? Long long ride. The alpacas were worth the ride, they didn't do circus tricks but it was fantastic. Up until now the closest I've come to them was climbing around peoples properties and photographing them through peoples yards. I know kind of creepy right? What can I say I'm just a bit of a weirdo but if you didn't know that already then do you really know me? Hmmmm? Anyway. I got to go into a pen with the alpacas and feed them apples and carrots and pet them although they weren't so keen on petting. They don't like their heads touched, but if you catch them off guard you can pet them on their backs. Then there was the gorgeous white alpaca that grew on me from the second I laid eyes on her. She was the friendliest on the farm. She gave kisses without having to be bribed with food lol. It was fun, the people that hosted it were so friendly it was great. We were getting ready to ride back and I was dreading it. It was cold, it was getting dark and I was ready to tele-port home. Lucky for us the farm owners insisted on driving us home. Mike was all like boohooing about it cause he wanted to keep riding. Well I accepted the ride. We got home and decided to ride a while longer so we did. We did another 8 miles and called it a night. So yes today I said screw that. Tomorrow I'll be riding to work. Which really means I should be in bed but I'm not. Should have made juice but I didn't. Should have taken a shower but I didn't. What have I been doing all afternoon you ask? Oh just playing farmville and watching Wilfred on hulu.Yeah I've been a loser all day. There's also a load of socks and towels that need to go into the dryer.
One day I will hire someone to do my laundry for me. Oh right that's what I have a husband for. Well that's going to get me far. You know I read the other day that the son of the marriot hotel chain owner won the lottery. How messed up is that?! I guess it would help up my odds if I purchased a lottery ticket one of these days. Ok my head is going in like 10 different directions so I should stop this nonsensical blog and go to bed. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment