Thursday

Just a tad on the angry side

I'm in a funk. Feeling pretty low right now. No particular reason. Just sad. I miss Mike even though he's downstairs right now. He's playing video games and I can't take that away from him right now. He's had a rougher time the last few weeks than I have. Working til 3 and 4 am can not be fun by any stretch of the imagination. I feel really terrible for him. I know he busts his butt to do his work and a lot of his time is spent waiting for others to finish so he can start. When it's his turn it blows. One would think that folks in the industry would know by now how things go. Sound is about the last thing to go in and maybe cut the man some slack by working your deadlines around that. Not in his company. Here he is basically told he's a slacker and a cry baby. That if he didn't spend so much time with a thumb up his ass and did some work he wouldn't have to crunch to get his work done.
when he told me the way his review went the other night I about lost it. I was so angry for him. I don't know how he can take it. His boss is a worthless piece of shit asshole who doesn't know what Mike actually does. Imagine he conveniently makes certain he's out of the office the entire week that reviews are going on. The last few times Mike has actually heard him around the office he's mostly been bragging about the $900 + tab that he ran up in alcohol on the company tab of course while schmoozing other assholes in the industry. That man makes me want to spit in his face. I would literally go out of my way to hit this man with my car if I saw him crossing the street. I might back up and make sure to hit him once or twice more. It seems he's at a stalemate with these sons of bitches. He doesn't have anywhere to go and they can't afford to lose him. But because he maybe needs them more than they need him they treat him like shit.
Sometimes I wonder what members of the upper crust think when I post disparaging messages on facebook about the company. I wonder but frankly I don't care. If any of them consider themselves my friends they realize that what I say is truth. Mike doesn't get a 1/4 of the respect that he deserves. He puts up with it quietly because unfortunately that's who he is. The day will come when he finds a way out of that shit hole and I will be glad to see the place burn to the ground. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a loving wife you are. The video game industry has the most ridiculous time lines and expectations.. and anyone that isn't on top gets treated like garbage.

    You should go downstairs and snuggle up on him while he unwinds with video games. He'll like it and you won't be as lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZUUUUUUUU!!!! I love UUUUU nad your Mikey TOOOOO!

    Yo baby I am always thinking about you and how to get that Mixmaster Genius of a hubby out of that hell hole. Matter of fact Nathan and I are both on that shit. Keep loving that Donkey!

    Todd

    ReplyDelete