Monday

Reward offered

A size-able reward is being offered for any information leading to the safe return of my mind. Any leads and tips should be sent via text immediately or left in a comment bellow.

I woke up this morning and I swear I had it but then again that was at 5:25 a.m. Why on Gods green earth would I wake up that early? I don't know you'd have to ask my internal clock about that. It's been my new witching hour. Bullshit is what it is. So I woke up. Scrambled around in bed trying to find my phone which was conveniently lodged between my boxspring and the wall. As I attempted to retrieve it, it fell all the way under the bed. Of course being the lunatic that I am, I decided to go under the bed looking for it. Again it wasn't yet 5:30 am. Gaaaah! So once safely back in my hand, my phone and I returned to bed. I went back to sleep and woke up to the usual Bayblade cartoons. Terrible terrible cartoons. Why kids get all into that I'll never know. So back on topic... I woke up later than usual. I had turned off my alarm around 7 don't quite know why but it seemed like a good idea. So I shoved Mike awake and made him get in the shower. That would buy me a precious few more moments of sleep. By the time I was in the shower it was nearly 8am. I have to be at work at 8:30... I rushed around the house, not sure if Mike got his insulin, I didn't grab my pills. I slapped some cold pizza into some foil, threw an apple and a banana in a bag with said pizza and the same with a yogurt container in a bag for Mike. Off we went at 8:25. Rushed into work and got my computer going. Then I just sat there. And sat there, and sat some more. Looked over at G and pronounced that I had absolutely no intentions of doing anything productive today before returning to my staring. Ok it felt a lot longer than it was. I might have wasted 20 or so minutes just reading useless emails and printing my morning work. The phone wasn't as busy as most days so I just let G manage that for a while.
I shoved some pizza down my gullet between customers, one guy kept coming back and asking one more question each time I had just taken a bite of food. I was becoming increasingly annoyed at his disrupting of my waste of time. Before I knew it, it was 11:30 and that means lunch time! I hard to schlep my ass down to the post office where I handed over an envelope containing $470 addressed to the Oregon Department of Revenue. Yeah they are collecting quite a bit of revenue those bastards. I was still pretty full from the breakfast pizza so I decided to go with a light lunch. I stopped in at the sushi station. I had some edemame, a shrimp tempura appetizer and a cucumber and avocado roll.
It was a gorgeous day. So sunny and awesome but cold as sin! I moved a little quicker trying to get back to the office. So back at my desk I went back to my little to no work production. Really I was spending the afternoon cleaning up messes that I've left over the week. I was just doing it slower than I could have. I have plenty of work to keep occupied with it's just a matter of desire. I was moving along nicely until I hit a speed bump. Isn't that how it always happens?
There was a particular account that I could have and probably should have left alone but for fear of the repercussions of doing so I went and made more work for myself. It was simply one of those you're damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of things. Either way it was going to be a pain in my ass. I just know it!  So I had something to do most of the afternoon. If I had come to work with my brain I might not have finished the afternoon like this.
I don't know where it all really went wrong but I was just embarrassed by how dumb I got as the day went on! I can't believe how many times I had the opportunity to fix one mistake and I just kept fucking it up!
So a man calls, very nice man friendly whatever. He says I just got off the phone with such and such agency and they said to call you. I look up his account and respond with. Oh well that was silly of them you need to call these folks for an appointment first! I'll be glad to transfer you to them! Off goes Mr. Friendly Guy. I went about my business then a second later I look back over at his account and it clicks. Damn it I didn't need to transfer him! I called the number I had on the account, well one of them and it was his wifes voice mail. I left a long winded pointless message basically asking he call us back. Then my phone rings. It was the agency I just transfered Mr. Friendly Guy to. They're confused, he just had his appointment why did someone refer him to schedule an appointment? Derrr... cause Zuzu didn't bring her brain to work... So I said yeah, my bad I just tried calling him. So the agency says so he's ok to go? I say yeah sure oh, wait no, he has to pay $___ first. Ok the nice gal will let him know. Crisis averted. Hang up the phone... GAWDDAMN IT ZU!! He doesn't need to pay anything!! *bangs head on keyboard*  Here's hoping he'll call tomorrow, his wife will call, I don't care. If they pay it that's fine too cause they likely have a balance anyway. Ugh... I almost did that to another person. Instead I gave him the right info and then forgot to finish the process that reverses the charges off his account. It was 5:30, I was waiting for Mike and about to shut down when I remembered. It was a second GAWDDAMNIT ZU! moment. Good grief.
So if you see my mind wandering the streets of Eugene, please, please, please capture it in a burlap sack and beat it a few times then deliver it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment