Sunday

Tales from the juicer

Hmmm... that would be a good title for a blog. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you all not to steal it k? Scouts honor guys? Thanks! So moving on... today is day 19. Sure there have been some miserable slip ups here and there but I don't plan on starting from day 1 each time I mess up. 95% of my days have been spent ingesting nothing but juice and water and so therefore I am calling it good. Tonight I am cold, tired and was slightly grumpy earlier. Over all the day has gone well. Weekends are difficult for me, I have mentioned it before but they just are. I am unprepared in the morning because I don't juice on Friday nights. By the time I drag my ass out of bed and make juice it is generally 10 to 11 in the morning and my blood sugar is on a fast and furious slide downward. Oddly enough that isn't the reason I get out of bed. I don't usually notice it anymore. Probably not an accomplishment I should be happy about but it beats the urge to eat an entire side of cow and washing that down with a carton of ice cream. The spots in my vision are irritating enough for me to say "Ok, time to get this done."
This morning I was blissfully laying in bed watching shitty t.v when I got a text message. Hmmm who might this be? Well it was none other than Mike Jones. The message: Juice? Why yes I would love some, I responded. Fucker. I got out of bed and threw a bunch of apples through the juicer. Decided to "green" it up a bit by throwing in some celery, a couple oranges and finished it off with a chunk of pineapple. As I laid in bed contemplating the day I heard him holler something about going to the gym. Bleeeerg... Ok Mike that sounds awesome... NOT... So that's where we left it. I watched a lot of worthless t.v, he shot a bunch of Russians and lord knows what. Eventually we made it out the door for produce. Cash & Carry has become my weekly go to spot. Where else can I spend $100 on 20lbs of apples, 20 lbs of tomatoes, 4 lbs of strawberries, 20ish lbs of cucumbers, 10lbs of celery, 5lbs of oranges, a giant sack of mint, a giant sack of lemons etc. Basically we came home with close to 100lbs of produce so at $1/lb I don't have a big problem with that! We made a pit stop at Jamba Juice for a quick sugar pick me up. Carrot Orange juice, fresh squeezed and or juiced. Did a body good. And off we went to the gym. 45 minutes of sweating and hating life yielded me 500 calories burned on the elliptical. Woohoo! One last grocery store stop for star anise and finally home. Hauling all that damn produce up the stairs was insane. Mike looked at me like I was an ass for only hauling up one of the 20+ lb boxes of tomatoes to his 50ish lb box. Sorry dude I am not as strong as you are! In turn I ended up making 3 trips to his 2. We've ended the day with a V8ish concoction that Mike put together. Pretty tasty. Now I'm just tired so so tired. I have to wash out the bottles and make more juice for tomorrow. Do Not WANT! Just want to sleep now thank you. Tomorrow morning we're gonna go get some labs done thank you doc! Gonna check electrolytes, cholesterol, A1C, and kidney function. Gonna make sure we is not dead and or dying and while we're at it get a gauge of where we're "starting". Sure it's not day 1 but we need to know where abouts we started to see how far we get by the end. Progress has been pretty good as far as weight goes. I for instance lost a total of 25lbs the first time around and now I have lost 10 in the first 2 weeks. Not bad right? Gotta keep on keeping on!

No comments:

Post a Comment