Monday

Day 1, Let the fun begin!

Oh what can one say about a day like today? It hasn't been exceptional, it hasn't been painful. It has been a regular run of the mill Monday. With the exception of the lack of food. Last night I made a batch of mean green. I love Mondays off cause I didn't entertain the idea of getting out of bed before 9. Mike was already working on his juice which was not the best batch I had made to date. Maybe a little too green. I used collard greens for this batch cause it was what I found at the grocery store last night. Can you imagine a grocery store that says they carry kale but only stuffs mustard greens in its place?! Poo on them! Today I picked up about 6 bunches of kale, a watermelon, a melon, a few pounds of celery, 12 cucumbers, some peaches, lemons, tomatoes, parsley, granny smith apples and some onions. All good stuff! I need to start juicing more and stuffing it in the fridge, but I don't have a lot of room what with the 25lbs of carrots I purchased yesterday. I'm a little nervous of how this will work once I'm in the office all day. Mike needs lots of variety, here I am thinking mean green and lots of it will keep me going. 
So far my blood sugars are keeping steady. By lunchtime I was sitting at 127 which is pretty good. My optimal range according to the pump and my Dr is between 90-120 so 127 is right up my alley. I just need to keep drinking water, water water water. 
I think the hardest part of today was shopping was all the crap in the isles. Technically I would have been okay if it wasn't for the few items I needed from other parts of the store. By the time I left I would have gladly stuffed my fat little fingers in a jar of bbq sauce and went to town licking them. Instead I got home and drank some juice that was waiting for me in the fridge. Right now I believe I will be off to juice some other stuff. This sounded good:


Hunger Pain Be Gone
4 medium carrots
2 stalks of celery, leaves and all
1 handful of parsley
4 leaves of baby spinach
1 dash of tobasco
 

No comments:

Post a Comment