Tuesday

Day 16

Feeling extremely tired today. I had to take a nap for lunch otherwise I might not survive. I guess it was all just downhill from the moment I work up at 2 am. Blood sugar plummeted into the pits of hell and I had to drag myself up and check before I tried to correct. 51. Holy smokes, I don't think I've ever hit that low! Mike has gone as low as like 32 and I don't know how he's survived. There was no way I was going to pull out the juicer at 2 in the morning. I didn't have the strength I was shaking and barely able to stay upright. I went for my safety ice cream instead. I swear I have stayed away from it with the exception of the very early lows. If I start to go low during the day I throw some fruit in the blender as quickly as I can and go to town on that. So a few spoonfuls of ice cream and 2 gram crackers later I decided I needed to be in bed if I was going to collapse. I was livid that I had only 3 more hours of sleep before I had to be up and juicing. What a waste of perfectly good sleep!
I managed to make 1 giant juice and out of the kindness of my heart left Mike the larger portion. Why would I do that? Geez, I'm the one that is in the office all day long! So I had a total of 3 juice servings with me and and a cup of soup. Oh my delicious soup... I couldn't get it down. The flavor is incredible especially with a hint of lime juice but the coconut has a bit of a gritty feeling because my blender can only do so much. I, like many people I know have huge issues with textures of food and unfortunately my soup turned out to be one of those fails. Incredibly disappointing! I considered going out for soup but I just couldn't justify spending the extra money on soup when I have a bowl of delicious stuff in the fridge... if only I could choke it down...
Shortly here Mike and I are going blackberry picking. Our lovely friend Laura has offered to let us pick off her bushes which is awesome. Mike has been thinking of picking them for a few weeks now. He's wanted to send some off to his mom but last time we tried it, well it didn't work out so well. Let's just say she thought we sent her some bloodied severed parts. So lets try again maybe freeze and package this stuff correctly haha! I'm totally drained today and really I would rather do some picking and head straight to bed but always the slave driver (is it ok to call this ironic?) Mike is forcing me to ride my bike. I am dragging horribly and had no intention on riding today.
My tummy is really unhappy. It could be the lack of nutrition today. There are no chips or crackers or anything to snack on in the office, can you believe it?! Ok that's kind of a lie, there were donuts or bagels or something in the common area earlier. I chose not to leave my desk until lunch time by that point anything edible had been decimated. This week is going to be really difficult, it's retirement week for one of our lovely employees and we are celebrating her all week. Tomorrow is coffee/pastry day, Thursday is favorite cookie day and Friday the company is paying for pizza for all. Meanwhile I'll be locked in the nursing mothers room with a bottle of juice rocking back and forth trying not to inhale the odors of food. Next Friday will take the cake by far. In order to celebrate the first Ducks game the management has sanctioned an employee cook out. One of folks is bringing in his world famous BBQ pork. I'm salivating here people!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry ZuZu you can make it through the BBQ pork! 16 lbs down. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete