Monday

Day 8

For a moment I forgot what day we are on. Ooops! But yes day 8 is coming to a close, we had a pretty decent day. We came to a mutual agreement that eating solid food is ok so long as it is food we would juice otherwise and obviously not doing it all day long. It gets hard towards the end of the day. That is really when I struggle with it. My resolve is nearly non existent by about 8pm. My blood sugar hasn't been above 130 since we started and that is awesome cause my optimal range is 90-120 but holy shit it seems to have been a struggle today just keeping it above 80!

We went out to see a movie and had juice with us, the movie ended and I was famished so we ran to OrangeJulius for something. They had a dairy free fruit only thing so we both had that. I was sure my blood sugar would be through the roof after that. We went home, I did some dishes then we went for a bike ride. 11 miles later I walked in the door absolutely pooped. Blood sugar reading: 70. My first instinct was to reach for ice cream. Instead I took a glucose tablet. I knew that wasn't going to be enough to keep me from dying so I rummaged through the kitchen trying to decide what damage to make. I opted for a sliced tomato while my dinner heated up on the stove. We had soup by the way. So a sliced tomato it sounds weird but it sounded good to me at the time. Mike walked in the door after ridding to Subway with Joel and returned with a salad. Oh sweet fresh un-juiced veggies! I told Mike that I would marry him if I hadn't already. So we had a fresh salad with fat free italian dressing and Caribbean Yam soup. To die for!! So now I should be in bed but I am debating juicing something cause my blood sugar was exactly 90 about 5 minutes ago and if I go to sleep without something I might wake up with a low and then I can guarantee you I would assault the ice cream or anything else that crosses my path in that kitchen. So I guess that answers that, I'm gonna go make some juice. This has been day 8, see yall on the other side of 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment