Monday

Day eleventeenth

It's too late (or early) right now to actually remember what day I'm on. Somewhere between 11 and 13. I think we might be on 12... Hmm... Guess I'll have to check with Mike. I feel like an explorer in the 14th century... except I'm exploring food and not a new world. Do I have the right century by the way? Well you know what I mean, at least I sure hope so! Moving on moving on.. A status report. Still feel like I'm not eating often enough, weekends are just difficult. I don't sit around all day at a desk. I have to make sure to clarify that I mean at a desk, cause I sure do sit around a lot on the weekends! Nevertheless, I just don't think about eating all that much these days. I suppose that means something is going right. We started the meal replacement shake phase of this challenge and I have to be honest it isn't awful! I blended it with a banana and a slap of peanut butter and a few ice cubes, not bad at all! There are tons of vitamins we're taking, I'm not kidding when I say a ton. We take like 3-4 tablets 30 minutes before breakfast, then another 3-4 with breakfast followed by the same regimen before and during lunch. I thought that maybe I was just filling up on horse pills, however, Mike and I have come to the conclusion that some of those tablets must be hunger suppressants. I don't see anything wrong with that, as a matter of fact this is the first time I have ever realized I'm not hungry and therefore will not continue eating. Saturday night we were grilling at Armando's house. Mike and I went to the gym first; we did legs which nearly caused us both to faint and continues to punish us as we attempt to do stuff like WALK or STAND. Anyway after the gym we went down to the grocery store to find something to throw on the grill. I'll tell you for the last few years neither of us would blink twice at eating an entire 1lb steak. That's 16oz guys. You know when you go out and debate on getting the 9oz or the 12oz and then can't really finish the 9oz? Ok sometimes that doesn't happen to me but more often than not it does. Well why is it then that I can slap a 16oz slab of cow on a grill at home and wonder if there's anything else I can eat while I'm at it?! So we were looking around and I saw some new york strips which were smaller than what I would generally pick, the one I took home was .7lb which according to the internet is equal to about that 12 oz I would eat at a steak house. I thought ok that is still at least a serving size smaller than what I would generally eat. I mean if you consider a serving size 3-4 oz which I think is the acceptable amount I should be eating. Anyway! Gawd I can't keep myself on topic. So we got smaller cuts and a bunch of veggies like mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. Once it was all said and done I had my steak, 1cup of cooked rice and a veggie kabob. I am still working on this stop eating when you're full thing but really when I hit what could probably be the 8oz mark I was pretty stinken full. I told Mike on the way home that I need to start looking at it like it's not my last meal. I eat like I'm never going to eat meat again. Really I probably will in a few days. I eat too much red meat so I need to learn that it is ok to throw away a small portion of it if I really insist on buying the large piece. But the fact that I was full and I recognized that, it was definitely something that caught my attention. I was proud of myself in that moment, of course I continued on because what else are you to do when you have a whole big chunk of meat on your plate?
This morning we didn't plan on eating out but Henry was in town and the nerds were convening for breakfast before a movie. Mike and I are working on leaving food behind on our plates. Mike obviously is doing much better than me, but this morning wasn't too bad. I ordered a scramble with sausage and spinach and had the homefries instead of pancakes. I ate about half of the potatoes and maybe a 1/4 to 1/3 of the eggs. It was far too much food for me. By the time mike suggested lunch, about 4 hrs had gone by and I really wasn't interested. My stomach hasn't been very happy with me all day. I'll have you know I pooped once today but I just had an ache all day. For lunch we had like 4 small ribs each. We had bought this precooked thing of ribs they weren't very big. Served with a side salad and that was that. Mike went out to a movie tonight and I stayed behind. Got a little peckish so I had some popcorn and some nuts. When Mike got back we decided to go out and get something. Ended up at Shari's where we both just stared at the menu. Nothing was calling out to me. Seriously, my default grilled cheese sounded terrible. I didn't want anything fried or cheese covered or ranch slathered. Quick someone get my temperature I must be sick! We both ordered Caesar salads, Mike with Salmon mine with chicken. Gawd it was horrid! The lettuce looked disgusting, it was wilted and soggy and black in some spots. Come the frick on people, I've pulled less gross looking lettuce out of my fridge when I'm tossing stuff out! Mike thought maybe the chicken had wilted it until I informed him that the chicken was cold. So much for that theory! We're not people that complain at restaurants we take the shitty service and go home. Tonight I had to speak up. I told the manager it was disgusting and asked her if they generally mix the lettuce with the dressing and let it sit. She said they do. Um... yeah that isn't a good idea dumb ass. Just saying. So they took one salad off the check and I left a $1 tip. I would have felt bad except the server had dropped off our food and never came back. We were there for about 45 min waiting for anyone to come by. I was just too sore to get up and crack some skulls. Moral of the story being that I owe Oz an apology. Whatever he's been doing to us is working if nothing else we are making smarter choices. Whether or not we like it is beyond the point we're not bucking against it we've kind of resigned ourselves to this way of eating. I really don't feel deprived, but I get frustrated because nothing sounds good and the things that used to now make me feel guilty just at the thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment