Friday

Days of our lives

I was feeling a little lonesome at work. G is off and my phone isn't ringing as it does every other day of my life. I started reading some of the blogs of note on this site and I found something interesting. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING RATS ASS what other people are writing about and frankly I was bored by what I did read. Some people have thousands of followers. Really? The mindless dribble they come up with is THAT amusing? I sure didn't think so. I suppose to each his own right? Wouldn't it be stressful to try and write something meaningful for all of those people? Whatever, moving on I have plenty of bitching to do so we'll just get right down to it!


My "I mean business" look


1. Gold's Gym makes me homicidal. Oz says it's cause we're
















Reverse Fly
going there at 6pm. Well gee when do you want me to go then 10pm? It is crowded all the time. Except on the weekends when they're all off stuffing cake in their faces and washing it down with booze and nobody goes to the gym cause who's gonna be there to look at them? The equipment leaves A LOT to be desired. On a good day 3-5 of the cardio machines have "Sorry for the inconvenience this machine is currently out of service" tags. That's on a good day my friends! The benches in the weight area all but went missing. I don't know what on earth they're doing around there! At one point there was about 6-8 benches but we showed up from one day to the next and there were like 4 of them. The others were still there but were missing the bench. It was just the metal frame. I remember when we were at the DAC once and I was swinging my weights around (properly) I nearly hit Mike. Oz said that day don't apologize! If he gets in your way while you're working out and gets hit that's his fault! Yesterday I was seconds from a rampage. People were constantly in my space and I had to move to accommodate others. At one point, Mike and I were using one of the remaining benches to do our work out and this asshole was just standing there staring at us. Finally he interrupts and says are you using this? No genius we're not we're just using it as a spacer between us. What the fuck kind of retarded question is that? We clearly were in the middle of a set. So he walks off only to return a few moments later and ask us to use another bench. Uh... you can't use that bench because...? I wanted to throw the fucking bench at his head. Man some days I feel like I'm on steroids you know how meat heads get all super angry? Anyway I got over that eventually. I had to stop for a moment and take a few deep breaths. I told Mike I wasn't angry at him but I wanted to go punch that asshole and that I hate Golds. A few exercises later we went back to free weights for one of my least favorite exercises; the Reverse Fly. We use lighter weights for this than other pain inducing moves and it works muscles I didn't realize my body had. So I was using a 7.5lb weight and Mike was using a 10lb weight. After my first set I look up and see that SAME ASSHOLE! Staring at my weights. No jackass I am not giving you my weights!! He didn't ask, but I noticed he found an 8lb set. That would have done it for me. I would have happily dropped the dumbbells on his feet hoping to crush a few bones.
Man I'll tell ya, I started getting angry all over again just writing that. I get distracted while I'm writing. Just so you know. I'll wander the internet’s and come back to the tab here and write a few more pieces of mindless dribble before wandering off. So yeah I got distracted and for some reason the need to pee hit me so suddenly that I thought man these people probably don't want to hear about that. Then I remembered I was mid blog.
I had more to groan about. Probably Mike, probably... Definitely. He makes very definite statements. Very factual statements which generally are not correct. An example so that you may better understand. We were driving to the gym earlier this week and there is a Jamba Juice a few doors down. This week they put up a sign that says "free samples". I said to Mike Hey look they have free samples today! He responds with "they ALWAYS have free samples." I came back with a hearty "they don't ALWAYS have free samples!" To which he responded "yes they do." I finally exploded with a NO MIKE THEY DO NOT ALWAYS SERVE FREE SAMPLES!! I HAVE BEEN THERE WHEN THERE WERE NOOOO FREE SAMPLES! Yep... it wasn't supposed to be a big deal but I am super crazy and he feeds into it. Last night we started talking about our friend Dave. He's a cool funny dude from Illinois; he had moved out here a while ago and then moved back about a year ago. We knew him when he was single and he's now married and looking to come back to Eugene. I was so excited when I heard that, he and I got along like gangbusters! He's in town visiting and we had dinner with them last night. His wife seems like a good fit in our dysfunctional family. Davis also Mormon and owns a pair of magic pants. We saw them when he was working out once lol. Mike and I are very curious about the Mormon religion; well more about their rituals like the magic pants. We watch Big Love and I watch Sister wives… we’re nutty ourselves and nutty people interest us! So last night as we drove home from dinner Mike brought it up. I tried telling him that they probably don’t use magic pants when they’re getting busy. Oh my gee why are we discussing our friends sex life anyway?! But whatever, we got into a pretty heated discussion about his magic pant situation. Frankly I was about ready to reach for my phone and call Dave but thought twice of cause it might really offend his wife. If I knew Dave didn’t use his Bluetooth speaker phone feature in the car I would have totally gone for it cause it would only be him I’d be having the discussion with not his wife. We finally settled on we don’t know but we’d both like to know. Ha… these are the days of our lives…

No comments:

Post a Comment