Thursday

Monkey on my wrist

Dear Blog,
Did I tell you about the most humiliating moment I've had in the last few weeks? Possibly... Good thing you don't talk back cause I might repeat myself a lot and I don't need any lip from you. Earlier this week I was going about my business lamenting on my poop-less situation. You know the one; I've told you plenty about it. So I was emailing back and forth with Kisha, it's just what I do sometimes. But in the course of business I got an email from a lovely gal at one of the county offices. I didn't notice but I had hit reply on the wrong string of emails. Before I know it I had sent something along the lines of: "Mike thinks I should be more concerned by the constant runs than by the lack of poop. I say poop is poop and having none is worrisome." That's right ladies and gents! I sent that lovely message to an unsuspecting county employee. I followed that up with a sincere apology then jumped into hyper overdrive trying to remember how to recall a message. I think I was successful. I hope I was anyway. She and I talk often on the phone so when she called the next morning I tried to act casual. I had lost some of my ferocious embarrassment and I think the insane laughter that ensued between G and I at our desks made me feel a little less like a moron. Email... such a powerful tool. It can change the world. Or the way the world looks at you.
So today I jumped off the bandwagon. I know you thought it was only a matter of time, stop judging me blog! Oh wait maybe that's just my subconscious I'm speaking to. Either way you should shut your talking hole. I went to McDonnald's and I'm not proud of it. You know it didn't even provide the satisfaction I was after. Only lingering desire for a chocolate sundae and a serious case of eaters remorse. Oh don't you fret, I surely paid for it. My blood sugar spiked up to about 210, which really isn't as bad as I've seen it do in the past. Nonetheless it makes me feel like I should be curled up in a corner sucking on my thumb nursing my fat overdose. I just had a monkey on my back when lunch rolled around. It could have ended up a lot worse... Maybe it was the monkey lump on my wrist.

2 comments: