Thursday

Hungry Hungry Hippo!! I mean Zuzu...

This afternoon as I tried to thaw out I wandered around the grocery store looking for fruits and veggies. Good job right?! Man I was starving! So I made sure to stay out of "those" isles. You know the ones where they keep the tasty sodium filled yummies. I've been hungry most of the day. Had an apple for breakfast before the gym, hmm that's probably why I was so damn hungry! I had sushi for lunch. Tracy says that's not food. I'd be more inclined to agree with her if not for the butt loads of rice I ate! I had a few plates off the conveyor belt and some edemame. All in all it was like 20 points. What the hell. It was the rice obviously. 
So back at the funny farm, err grocery store... I was in line checking out with my fruits and asparagus for dinner and what do you know I realized by blood sugar was making its way south. What was surprising to me is that I didn't grab a snickers bar or a kit kat bar. I got to the car checked my glucose level and found it at 74. So I slaughtered an apple. Thats right I made a better choice without flinching! Ah that feels like a pat on the back! 
Dinner consisted of a tiny chicken, sesame ginger asparagus and "chunky mushrooms" they were sauted in olive oil and garlic then a splash of balsamic vinegar. For desert I'm thinking some watermelon. FREE yay!! Dinner came to a whopping 13pts. That's really not bad at all. Thats only cause I ate the skin on my chicken. I only ate about half of the chicken. A WHOLE skinless cornish game hen is only 6 pts. If you eat it with the skin = 20 *sad face* So the damn chicken was 10 pts of my 13 pt dinner. Crazy!! But thats ok cause I could have been eating at Wendy's or McDonnald's which by the way I haven't had in a long time. 
My body aches from the gym but it's a satisfying ache. I'm really proud of the big donkey and me. He's lost like 3lbs I think. Kudos to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment