Saturday

Red Lobster did baaaad things to me!!!

Well not necessarily me but I consumed approximately 77 points in total for the day. It doesn't help that Georgia and I started the morning sharing a large pan pizza from pizza hut. We couldn't help it! Everyone else was having Kowloons and we really really didn't want that so we went for the next evil thing. A pan pizza with every meat and veggie on it. Except for anchovies. Anchovies are gross. We quickly did away with that pizza. I guess if we were counting our budgets we would have done tremendously better than our points. While the large pizza was $10 it was 7pts per slice!
I went into this Red Lobster dinner fully intending on doing some damage so it's a good thing I spent that hour in Zumba on Tuesday. Cheddar biscuits - 4pts. Seaside shrimp trio - 27 pts. Although I was just telling  Mike, I didn't eat the alfredo linguine that comes with it. By the time I got my food the plate was hot but the noodles were not. I picked the shrimp out of it and left the pasta behind. So I think I will take back a few points!! Anyone who's been in weight watchers before has probably heard of Dotties Weight Loss Zone it isn't sanctioned by Weight Watchers but someone always brings it up in the meetings and makes the instructors uncomfortable. It is an incredible source of information. This woman has put together roughly 500 restaurant guides with the original points and now converting them to points plus. She's a hero to the weight watchers community cause the damn food guide online doesn't usually have information for popular restaurants. And while you can search out the food you want and it may have a match it's assuming you're making it at home which could potentially make it healthier. So anyway... Dotties has the points plus guide for Red Lobster and I found that the shrimp scampi had all of 5 pts! Really? yay! Walt's favorite fried shrimp - 10 *sad face* but the damn pasta alfredo?! 15 Yeah that was shocking. So considering I didn't eat the noodles and picked out the shrimp I have to assume some of those vicious calories still made it in my face. I decided to half the points and thats been generous towards the fat. I don't think it was that many really but lets go with that. Reading nutrition guides is fucking frightening. It makes me wish I could be bulimic some days lol I don't mean that I'm sorry. So here it is Saturday morning, evil Henry with his culinary amazement and a trunk full of cream puffs (yes he really did have cream puffs in his trunk last night) has rolled into town. I hear lamb stew is in our future. We were talking about making a chocolate lava cookie for desert. Oh right thats the other thing we had at red lobster. 27 pts for an entire cookie and ice cream. I had about 1/4 of one. I split it with some friends. Does someone want to pat me on the back for that? Well before you say no, I'm getting ready to strap on my sneakers and head my tubby ass to the gym. So here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment