Monday

Who loves Balsamic Vinegar?!

If you didn't say I do then poo on you!! Tonight I made an amazing strawberry vinaigrette! I also purchased an immersion hand blender. Oh I am in loooooove! Remember that half flat of strawberries the nice mexican sold me about a week ago? Well I let them almost go bad *sad face* I sliced up about half of them and Mike and I have been eating them for breakfast but then friday rolled around and we were in Seattle over the weekend. At least I refrigerated them! But anyway I've been thinking of this vinaigrette for a few days and tonight was the night. So I pulled them out of the fridge and was super sad to see so many of them were all ickified. I salvaged what I could which was till about a good sized bowl. I tossed them in the cup that comes with the blender and off we went! I don't follow recipes well so thats why I don't usually cook from them. I take basic ideas then I just kinda make them. I just started pouring balsamic vinegar in as it blended and some olive oil and some salt. I stopped, tasted and I was so amazed at myself! Well I only have mother nature to thank but I pat myself on the back too. So delicious!! Drizzled over some Romaine hearts a bit of red onion thats all I used but boy did it make magic happen in my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment